Teeth whitening has become one of the most frequently requested cosmetic procedures. Patients are constantly asking for whiter, more perfect smiles; consequently, many teeth bleaching choices have become available.
If you are one of those patients who dream of having a brighter smile, we invite you to read about Enlighten Evolution Whitening, one of the most popular bleaching treatments worldwide.
Table of Contents
Benefits of professional teeth whitening
It is no surprise that more and more patients are interested in dentist-supervised bleaching treatments. Professional teeth whitening have several benefits:
- Whiter smile: a bright smile can significantly impact self-esteem and first impressions. Professional whitening treatments achieve whiter and more even results, and, unlike over-the-counter products, they can address more severe staining or discolourations.
- Safer outcomes: it’s always advisable to have professionals monitor any dental treatment progress. Over-the-counter bleaching products are more likely to provoke adverse effects than dentist-supervised whitening treatments.
- Customised Treatments: with professional whitening treatments, each patient can customise the treatment according to the results they are looking for and the areas they need most.
Enlighten Evolution Whitening is one of the most effective treatments available. It is a two-step bleaching treatment that combines an at-home treatment and an in-office whitening session. This system is known for whitening even the most severely stained teeth: as it works by liberating oxygen molecules, the bleaching gel breaks down the stain particles, making them easier to remove.
Patients who want to whiten their smile with Enlighten Evolution treatment need to follow four simple steps, which go as follows:
– Step 1: After a detailed check-up, in which the dentist ensures that your teeth and gums are healthy and fit for whitening, the first step is to take impressions of both upper and lower teeth. These impressions will later be used to create custom-made trays for your at-home whitening treatment. The manufacture of the trays can take a few weeks, but you’ll be contacted when they are available for collection. The dentist will also give you the at-home kit in this appointment, which includes the bleaching gel and an anti-sensitivity gel, and explain how to use it at home.
– Step 2: At home, you will need to wear the trays overnight for 14 days. You must fill them with the bleaching gel, adding a small quantity to each tray. During the first week, you’ll use the gel with a lower active bleaching agent concentration, but after seven days, you’ll switch to the stronger gel for a more dramatic whitening effect. You can try the anti-sensitivity gel if you notice that your teeth are more sensitive than usual.
– Step 3: Once some patients have completed their at-home treatment, they will return to the practice for a final in-office whitening session, which takes up to 40 minutes. But before the treatment gets started, the dentist will evaluate if you may need an extra 14-day home treatment to obtain the desired shade. This is very rare, but this additional treatment will be free of charge if it does happen.
– Step 4: Finally, you will only have to maintain your new bright smile at home. You’ll need to wear the trays with the bleaching gel one night every few weeks to ensure that the whitening effect doesn’t fade away.
How white will my teeth get?
Enlighten Evolution teeth whitening treatment is known for delivering excellent results. It is considered one of the most effective bleaching treatments as it is one of the few that can guarantee a B1 shade once all the steps have been completed. This shade, evident in 98% of the patients who have chosen Enlighten whitening treatment, is the whitest shade a patient can get while still looking natural.
How long does the whitening effect last?
The results obtained with Enlighten can last indefinitely with very little maintenance. It is only advised to wear the trays with a small amount of gel one night every few months. Patients can also brush their teeth with Tooth Serum toothpaste to prolong results. However, if they still notice an alteration in the shade of their smile after these precautions, they can ask for an additional in-office whitening session.
Will my crowns, veneers or fillings change colour?
No. Unfortunately, no whitening treatment can bleach dental restorations, as the bleaching agents only work in natural enamel. Patients interested in whitening their teeth should ask their dentist about the alternatives to their existing dental restorations. In most cases, the dentist will advise replacing crowns, veneers, or fillings to get a more natural and uniform whitening effect.
Are there any side effects to teeth whitening?
Dentist-supervised whitening treatments are considered to be safe. They have an appropriate concentration of bleaching agents, and any side effects that might appear (allergies, gum irritations) during or after the treatment can be quickly relieved.
However, the only downside to this (and any) whitening treatment is that some patients may suffer mild to moderate tooth sensitivity during the first couple of days of the treatment. To prevent this issue, you will receive Tooth Serum tube toothpaste to brush your teeth while waiting for the custom-made trays. This will strengthen the enamel structure and help prevent teeth sensitivity.
We believe teeth whitening treatments can transform smiles. Bridge Dental will be happy to assess you and clarify your doubts about this cosmetic procedure.